**NOTICE OF SCHEDULE CHANGE**
The upcoming Illinois Waterway 2020 Consolidated Lock Closures no longer include a closure at Brandon Road Lock and Dam near Joliet, Illinois.
Originally, six extended lock closures were planned for the summer of 2020 in order to complete long overdue maintenance on the aging infrastructure. Due to significant workload, the contractors involved are unable to undertake the maintenance work at Brandon Road Lock and Dam. Consequently only five lock closures are now slated to include Starved Rock, Marseilles, Dresden Island, Peoria and LaGrange Locks and Dams.
LaGrange Lock and Dam – Major Rehabilitation & Lock Machinery Replacement
Peoria Lock and Dam – Dewatering for Maintenance and Inspection
Starved Rock Lock and Dam – Upper & Lower Miter Gate Installation
Marseilles Lock and Dam – Upper Miter Gate Installation
& Brandon Road Lock and Dam (see schedule change notice above) – Upper Bulkhead Recess Installation
- Partial Closure scheduled July 6-Oct. 3 and Oct. 25-Oct. 28 (Updated 10/21/2019)
- Locks operational from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. with a 70-ft width restriction and no ability to pull unpowered barges.
- Full Closure scheduled Oct. 4-Oct. 24 (Updated 10/21/2019)
Dresden Island & Brandon Road Lock and Dam – Upper Miter Gate Installation
- Full closure scheduled July 1-Sept. 30
- If construction projects were approved and funded as part of the Great Lakes Mississippi River Interbasin Study at Brandon Road (GLMRIS-BR), it is possible they could be completed during this closure.
**NOTE: Projects and dates listed on this schedule are subject to change due to river levels and project funding.