America the Beautiful Passes (ATB) (Interagency Pass Network)
America the Beautiful passes can be used at sites managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS), National Park Service (NPS), US Forest Service (USDA-FS), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), US Bureau of Reclamation (USBR) and US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE).
Passes can be acquired online or in-person at various federal sites. Complete ATB pass information can be found here (including online purchase):
The following passes are available at the Illinois Waterway Visitor Center.
**Passes are available at the Illinois Waterway Visitor Center (950 N 27th Rd, Ottawa, IL 61350) every day from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To make an appointment call 815-667-4054. Guests seeking a pass in-person may wish to contact the visitor center prior to visiting to make sure passes and staff are available during your visit.
Access Pass: Cost – FREE
Coverage Includes: Access to and use of, BLM, FWS, NPS, USBR, USDA-FS and USACE sites that charge entrance or standard amenity fees (day use). Also provides a 50% discount for pass owner on some expanded amenity fees such as camping (excluding hook-ups), boat launching, etc. A lifetime pass for citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. who have a permanent disability, regardless of age. One person can sign the pass.
Every Kid Outdoors Pass: Cost – FREE
Coverage Includes: Access to and use of FWS and NPS sites that charge entrance fees and standard amenity fees (day use) at USDA-FS, BLM, USBR and USACE sites. This pass is available to U.S. 4th Graders (including home-schooled and free-choice learners 10 years of age). Educators can also be involved! Learn more at the Every Kid Outdoors website.
- The pass is valid for the duration of the 4th grade school year through the following summer (September - August).
- Must have a paper voucher printed from the Every Kid Outdoors website to obtain the Annual 4th Grade Pass. Digital versions of the voucher (such as smart phones or tablets) will not be accepted.
- Admits the pass owner and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle at a per vehicle fee area, or the pass owner and up to 3 adults at sites that charge per person.
Military/Veteran Pass: Cost – FREE
Coverage Includes: Access to and use of, BLM, FWS, NPS, USBR, USDA-FS and USACE sites that charge entrance or standard amenity fees (day use). Available to Current US Military, Veterans, Dependents and Gold Star families. Documentation is required.
- Current Military and Dependents:
- Current members of the U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force and National Guard with valid DoD CAC card
- Dependents of current U.S. military members with valid DD Form 1173
- U.S. Military Cadets
- U.S. Active Reservists (Do not need to be deployed)
- Gold Star Families
- Individuals who served in the U.S. Armed Forces, including the National Guard and Reserves, and are able to present one of the following valid non-expired forms of identification when entering or using federal lands:
- Department of Defense Identification Card (CAC Card, DD Form 2, DD Form 2765)
- Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC)
- Veteran ID Card
- Veterans’ designation on a state-issued U.S. driver’s license or identification card
- **When acquiring a pass in person, the actual IDs listed above must be presented. When acquiring a pass online, photocopies or digital images are accepted. Form DD-214 is not accepted.