Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for a job with the Corps of Engineers?

All civilian job opportunities available with the Federal government, including the Rock Island District of the Corps of Engineers, are posted on USAJobs at USAJobs is the Federal Government's Official Job Site. One must apply for Federal jobs using the tools available (including a resume/resume builder). To find jobs closest to you use the "Where" search box.

How do I find a Corps recreation area?

To find a Corps recreation area closest to you visit You can also find recreation areas in the Rock Island District by going to our Recreation is also available to plan your trip, find information and make reservations at recreation areas managed by federal agencies. You can also call them at (877) 444-6777.

How do I contract with the Corps?

Contractors are a force-multiplier for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. We count on them to help us meet our mission requirements quickly and completely. Learn more about Contracting with the Corps.

How do I find river level information?

Water level information for rivers and reservoirs in the Rock Island District can be found at Select Rock Island District and then the river you are interested in obtaining information for.