The Dam Complex includes Cottonwood, Linder Point, Tailwater East, Tailwater West, and West Overlook. Campgrounds. The Dam Complex offers a variety of camping environments, from primitive tent sites to full hookup sites. Full hookup sites include 50 amp electric, sewer and water at the site. These sites are located at Linder Point and Tailwater West. Electric sites are located at Linder Point, Tailwater East and West Overlook. Primitive tent sites are located Cottonwood, Linder Point, Tailwater East and Tailwater West Campgrounds.
Recreational activities offer lake and river fishing, boating & swimming activities, Devonian Fossil Gorge, Visitor Center and 18-hole disc golf course.
The University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics, Coral Ridge Shopping Mall, and the University of Iowa are all only minutes away to the North of Iowa City.
- RV Only Electric (Tailwater East only): $20-$22
- Standard Electric to Full Hook-up: $20-$26
- Standard Non-electric: $16
- Walk-to Tent: $14
Reserving your campsite is available through the National Recreation Reservation Service (NRRS). Reservations are accepted by calling the toll-free number at 1-877-444-6777 any day of the week. Reservations can also be made online at www.recreation.gov seven days a week, 24 hours a day!
Maps of the campground are available at the website where reservations can be booked.
A portion of the campsites in the Dam Complex Campgrounds are available for advance reservations. Reservations can be made six months in advance of the arrival date. Reservations must be made at least two days prior to the arrival date. Reservations are highly recommended, but not required.
Please have the following information ready to make a reservation:
- Campground name, if possible or the state.
- Arrival and departure dates.
- The number of people in your party.
- Type of site required (tent or RV, etc.) or Site Number
- Your name, address, and telephone number.
- Method of payment - only credit cards are accepted. (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover)
- America the Beautiful Senior Pass, America the Beautiful Access Pass, Golden Age or the Golden Access passport number (if applicable).
- Boat Launch Ramp
- Dump Station with Potable Water
- Flush Toilets
- Modern showers with hot and cold water
- Hiking trail
- Horseshoe pits (located by site 60 and West Overlook Day Use)
- Interpretive Trail
- Vault Restroom
- Swimming and Beach
- Disc Golf Course located at Turkey Creek
Dam Complex Entrance Station
Season: Campground open April 15 to October 15. Reservations can be made six months in advance of the arrival date. To make your reservations go to www.recreation.gov or call toll free 1-877-444-6777.
North of Iowa City, Iowa.
From I-80: Take Exit 244 and go 3 miles North on Dubuque Street to West Overlook Road. There will be a large brown sign saying "Coralville Lake & Dam". Turn right at the sign. Proceed on West Overlook Road 1/4 mile to the Dam Complex Entrance Station for information on registering for a campsite.
From I-380: Take Exit 4 (North Liberty). Turn left (East) onto to Penn Street. Take Penn Street all the way east to Dubuque Street. Turn right onto Dubuque Street and go South toward Iowa City. Approximately 5 miles South of North Liberty you will see a large brown sign that says, "Coralville Dam". Turn left and follow the entrance road to the park.
GPS Coordinates - Dam Complex Campgrounds
(Due to these campgrounds not actually having street addresses, it is best to use the GPS coordinates to find the campground or to call the office for directions at (319)338-3543 ext. 6300.
- Linder Point Campground: N 41° 43.495, W 91° 32.545 or 41.725633, -91.540997
- West Overlook Campground: N 41° 43.535, W 91° 32.133 or 41.726325, -91.535167
- Cottonwood Campground: N 41° 43.351 W 91° 32.081 or 41.722775, -91534719
- Tailwater East Campground: N 41° 43.255 W 91° 31.673 or 41.720897, -91.527817
- Tailwater West Campground: N 41° 43.334 W 91° 31.758° or 41.722472, -91.529536