KNOXVILLE, Iowa – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Rock Island District announces a partial reopening of several day use areas at Lake Red Rock.
Day use recreation areas opening May 1 with some restrictions include:
- Fifield Recreation Area
- Marina Cove
- South Overlook Recreation Area
- Lake Red Rock Archery Range
- North Overlook Recreation Area (Shoreline and trail access only)
- South Tailwater Recreation Area
- Whitebreast Landing Recreation Area (Boat ramp access only)
Picnic shelters, restrooms and playgrounds located within the newly re-opened day use areas remain closed at this time. Trash cans will also not be available in these areas and visitors are asked to place all waste in available dumpsters.
All Lake Red Rock campgrounds and beaches as well as the Visitor Center remain closed at this time.
For up-to-date information on specific area closures at Lake Red Rock, visit: https://www.mvr.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/Lake-Red-Rock/.
Release no. 20-038