The Sandy Beach Campground is located on the northern part of Coralville Lake. This campground offers a total of 60 campsites for enjoyment. The Sandy Beach Campground consists of two campsites with full hook-ups (water, electricity, and sewer), 48 sites with electricity only and 8 primitive tent sites. The Sandy Beach Campground is located approximately 10 minutes south of Cedar Rapids, Iowa; one of the largest cities in Iowa. The Iowa City/Coralville area is south on I-380, and is home to The University of Iowa, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, and the Coral Ridge Shopping Center. Coral Ridge is one of the largest shopping malls in Iowa.
- 30 AMP Standard Electric: $20
- 30 AMP Electric/Water/Sewer: $24
- Walk-to Primitive Tent: $14
Reserving your campsite is available through the National Recreation Reservation Service (NRRS). Reservations are accepted by calling the toll-free number at 1-877-444-6777. Reservations can also be made online at www.recreation.gov seven days a week, 24 hours a day!
Maps of the campground are available at the reservation website.
All of the campsites at Sandy Beach are available for advance reservations. Reservations can be made six months in advance of the arrival date. Reservations must be made at least two days prior to the arrival date. Reservations are highly recommended during the summer weekends.
Please have the following information ready to make a reservation:
- Campground name, if possible or the state.
- Arrival and departure dates.
- The number of people in your party.
- Type of site required (tent or RV, etc.) or the Site Number.
- Your name, address, and telephone number.
- Method of payment. Only credit cards are accepted. (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover)
- America the Beautiful Senior Pass, America the Beautiful Access Pass, Golden Age or the Golden Access passport number (if applicable).
- Boat Launch Ramp at day use area
- Dump Station
- Flush Toilet
- Vault Restroom
- Horseshoe Pit (Located by site 2 and 30)
- Potable Water
- Modern Showers with hot and cold water
- Swimming beach
- Picnic Shelter (No electricity-located at beach & boat ramp area. Availabe on a 1st Come 1st Serve basis-no reservations.)
Season: Campground is open May 1 to September 30. Reservations can be made six months in advance of the arrival date. To make your reservations go to www.recreation.gov or call toll free 1-877-444-6777.
Sunday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
Take I-380 to Exit 10; Turn East onto 120th Street. Follow 120th Street to Curtis Bridge Rd. Turn South onto Curtis Bridge Rd. Follow Curtis Bridge Road to the stop sign. Turn East onto Sandy Beach Road and follow the Corps of Engineers brown signs for Sandy Beach Campground. The entrance to the Sandy Beach Boat Ramp and Swimming Beach are just past the entrance to the campground.
GPS Coordinates - Sandy Beach Campground - 41.81361, -91.59528