Special Event Permits

You may need a special event permit for one or more of the following reasons:

  • Number of people attending event is greater than 50
  • Your event is open to the public (open to members of the general public outside of your organizations)
  • Alcohol will be available to the attendees
  • Event involves live or amplified music
  • A fee is charged to attendees
  • The event involves the use of motorized equipment, including vehicles and vessels. 

If your event meets any of the reasons listed above or if you are unsure if you need a permit, please fill out and return a permit application (linked below) to the Corps of Engineers Ranger Office that manages that particular recreation area. To check which recreation area is managed by which Ranger Office please click HERE

Special event permits can be sent by regular mail or email.

Dubuque Special Event Permit

Dubuque Managed Recreation Areas
Dubuque Ranger Office
 2595 Kerper Blvd.
Dubuque, IA  52001 

Email: mvrodmn11@usace.army.mil 

Thomson Special Event Permit 

Thomson Managed Recreation Areas
Thomson Ranger Office
PO Box 398
Thomson, IL  61285

Email: mvrodmn13@usace.army.mil 

Muscatine Special Event Permit

Muscatine Managed Recreation Areas
Muscatine Ranger Office
1315 Rivers Edge Dr.
Muscatine, IA  52761

Email: mvrodmn16@usace.army.mi