Saylorville Lake


Saylorville Lake Volunteer Program

Mission Statement:  The volunteer program will enhance and expand the services of Saylorville Lake while providing a rewarding experience for the volunteer and the Saylorville Team.

The Saylorville Lake Team is made up of staff, contractors, and volunteers. These individuals are dedicated to providing quality outdoor recreation experiences while maintaining the natural resources. Federal budget restraints make operating Saylorville Lake more difficult each year so we invite you to join the team as a volunteer. A perks for becoming a volunteer include: monthly gatherings with fellow volunteers, free camping, and group campouts. This is a great way to meet fellow volunteers. Please send in your Volunteer Application and make note of which specific Volunteer Opportunities you are interested in. 

Saylorville Lake Volunteer Coordinator
5600 NW 78th Ave
Johnston, IA 50131
515-276-2088 (fax)

For questions regarding volunteer opportunities please email us at or call 515-276-4656

Contracting Opportunities at Saylorville Lake

Interested in contracting with USACE?

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is committed to doing business with qualified small businesses in the contracting sector.  Saylorville Lake utilizes several seasonal service contracts in the areas of custodial and fee attendant positions throughout the recreation season.  Contractors are provided campsites with full hookup during the duration of the contract at no cost.  Many of the contractors are people like YOU who have an interest in working for the government and making the parks a better place.  If you are interested in becoming a contractor for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineer there are a few steps to take.

1.       Obtain a D-U-N-S Number

You will need to obtain a Dun & Bradstreet (D-U-N-S) Number.  This is a unique nine-digit identification number for each physical location of your business.  The assignment of a D-U-N-S Number is free for all businesses required to register with the federal government for contracts.  Visit the following link to register:  D&B Website

2.       Register your business with the System of Award Management (SAM)

You need to register your business with the federal government’s SAM, the primary database of vendors doing business with the federal government.  Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) require all prospective vendors to be registered in SAM prior to the award of a contract. Visit the following link to register in SAM:

3.       Identify contracting opportunities

To find opportunities for federal business you will need to visit Sam.GOV: Official U.S. Government Website. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and other government agencies use this site to publish solicitations for contracts and provide detailed information on how and when vendors should respond. Visit the following link to view contracting opportunities: