The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Mississippi River Project is looking for crafters to participate in the 24th Annual Camper's Outdoor Craft Show to be held at the Shady Creek Recreation Area picnic shelter on Saturday, August 17, 2013 from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm. Some examples of items crafters have displayed in past years include baskets, candles, homemade wooden and hand-sewn items as well as many other interesting pieces. Crafts will follow an "outdoor" related theme, and visitors will be able to view the preparation of many items. The show is free of charge to crafters wishing to participate.
The purpose of the craft show is to demonstrate the different ways that items from our environment can be turned into beautiful crafts, and how man-made materials can be transformed into something useful and beautiful that preserves our natural environment. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Mississippi River Project is involved in educating the public on how to conserve and protect our natural resources. If you are interested in displaying your crafts, please sign up before August 9, 2013.
Guidelines for participants displaying crafts are as follows:
1. ALL ITEMS must be HANDMADE. We prefer that your crafts be somehow related to nature, or demonstrate the usefulness of unwanted material, such as recycling. We encourage your craft demonstrations to meet this objective; however, this is not a requirement.
2. Entry to participate in the show is FREE OF CHARGE! An entry form must be completed and returned to Park Rangers in order to participate.
3. Clothing items are not allowed unless they are handmade and pre-approved.
4. Since this is a craft show, we recommend that participants actively work on craft items during the show.
5. We need all participants to stay the entire time from 9:00 am - 2:00 p.m. Please do not leave early!
Muscatine, IA - The number of crafters to this event has grown steadily over the past few years. To make sure we have enough tables for this year’s event, crafters are encouraged to bring their own tables and tents to display their craft items. We will still have tables and tent space available for those crafters that need these items.
Camping reservations for Shady Creek and Clark’s Ferry Campgrounds can be made on the web at www.recreation.gov or call Reserve America at 877-444-6777. Shady Creek Recreation Area is located between Muscatine and Davenport, along Highway 22, about 10 miles east of Muscatine, Iowa. Clark’s Ferry Recreation Area is located 5 miles east of Shady Creek Recreation Area on Highway 22. For general information and entry forms, please contact the Muscatine Park Rangers by mail, 810 Main Street, Muscatine, Iowa 52761, by phone at (563) 263-7913, by fax at (563) 263-1845 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.